Tuesday 18 February 2014

Task 1a: Professional Profile

Ok so here I go, my first blog! After spending most of the day reading through what seems like millions of pages about module 1, I am finally getting to grips with it.

After reading through some other blogs, I now have an understanding of how to write and go into detail on my own blog.
I'm not very good at bigging myself up, so the easiest way for me to start was to draw a diagram of all my experiences/work both theatre based and also waitressing etc.
I was actually surprised at how much was on there, and doing the diagram made me feel really confident about myself.

I have written it up in my 'About Me' section of my blog, so please feel free to read and leave any comments on how I could improve :) Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy,
    I really enjoyed reading your 'About Me' section, and I think it is because I can relate to it so much! I too had a dance background when I was younger and worked my way through my IDTA grades in ballet tap and modern, went on to do a 3 year musical theatre course, Move It etc. I particularly enjoyed hearing what you are hoping to do with your degree once you have it. My goal has always been to get a PGCE and continue with my teaching and at the time, I wanted to teach drama in a secondary school. But recently, over the past few months I have been volunteering as a classroom assistant for year 4 at a local primary school and I love it! Now I'm in two minds as to which age group I want to teach! I guess I'll decide nearer the time upon completion of this course. But I think you have a very nice balance in this section as it is a god introduction as to who you are, how you got into doing what you love and also what you hope to go on and do.
    How are you finding the course?
    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your bio Lucy. The BAPP Arts methodology works with forward looking professional practice - and it sounds like ongoing in your case. I think others on the programme will be interested in your work and this teaching trajectory. I just read Oliver's blog - have a look and comment! He is also in schools as well as many in Module 2 and 3. Good luck and enjoy blog hunting for ideas.

    ReplyDelete