Tuesday 25 February 2014

Task 1d: 2d images

I have never owned a Flickr account before so this was something new to me but straight away I realised it is not much different from Instagram of which I am a regular user.
Creating the account was simple and straight forward, and I enjoying getting all of my performance photos together.

I decided to include my professional headshots as well as pictures from my college shows and assessments throughout my 3 years. As I only graduated in July and haven't yet performed professionally, this is a collection of my favourite photos of my performance experiences.

 

 
 
We are a visual consuming society therefore the use of images and audio visuals are a great way of grabbing attention and are therefore a very important and easy selling tool! All the thousands of photo apps make it easier than ever for people to create great images from the click of a button.
 
An image can say a thousand words, often far more effective than just words. I know that pictures are far more attractive and interesting to me than just a page full of non stop writing.
 
But!...images in social media can also have a negative effect on its users for example; can social media images affect peoples body image?
we are now exposed to more and more images of unattainable beauty thanks to social networking, this can put pressure on people to have the perfect bodies.
 
Fantasy, reality, and painful comparisons
 “When looking at images of girls in a magazine almost all us know that they are altered electronically to appear perfect. When it comes to social media such as Facebook, most believe that they are looking at raw pictures, or ‘real girls.’ Whether this is true or not, they are ultimately used as a standard of comparison. --Mary - See more at: http://proud2bme.org/node/244#sthash.FTXEjHx6.dpuf
 
So although I do believe images in social media are a great way to share pictures amongst friends and family and an important tool in most professional businesses, there are also implications of this use which can have a negative effect on readers.

1 comment:

  1. Yes images are once more becoming as important as the words online - liked your professional shots - in terms of primary - which do you think future employers might choose to show your professional self - many say 'performance' others so 'friendly' 'works well with others' . Yes - body image is something to consider,the people on our course seem very aware of staying healthy! Are performers role models in our society?

    ReplyDelete